30-Point Checklist for Irresistible Sales Copy
30-Point Checklist for Irresistible Sales Copy"
1. Does your headline grab them by the throat?
2. Does your headline include the word 'You'…or at least imply it?
3. Does your headline arouse curiosity?
4. Do you use magic words like "Secret" and "Free" and "Quick and Easy"?
5. Does your copy address the fears, wants or needs of your buyer?
6. Does your copy show the reader how to relieve pain and achieve results with your product/service?
7. Are your paragraphs limited to 2-4 sentences each?
8. Does the body copy lead the reader down the intended sales path with minimal distractions and no chances to click off that path?
9. Do you use bullet points to concisely describe the benefits that are offered by the features of your product or service?
10. Does your copy answer all the questions and overcome all the objections the reader might have?
11. Are you using psychological tactics to press consumer "hot buttons'?
12. Do you have photos that demonstrate the main benefit a consumer will receive from your product or service?
13. Do your photos have captions?
14. Do you use the word "You" more than the word "We"?
15. Does your copy tell a story with a tone that is "conversational" as though you were talking with your prospect one-to-one?
16. Do you use figures that are specific and that have not been rounded off?
17. Have you give the reader credible reasons that justify why you're making the offer?
18. Have you included testimonials and case studies to give your offer weight and authenticity?
19. Do you have an iron-clad guarantee that makes the offer risk-free for your prospect?
20. Are free bonuses or gifts offered as an incentive to buy?
21. Is your call-to-action crystal clear and specific about what the reader should do next?
22. Have you included a limited time offer to add urgency to your call-to-action?
23. Do you summarize the details of your offer at the end of the letter so that all of the benefits are grouped together for maximum impact?
24. Do you have a pseudo-handwritten signature to add a personal touch?
25. Are you using a postscript (P.S.) that re-emphasizes a major point from the body copy?
26. Are you using a second post-script to capitalize on people who read the end of the letter before the beginning?
27. Have you included an irresistible opt-in offer to capture the web visitors' contact information?
28. Is your copy easy to read because you've used short paragraphs and lots of white space to create "air"?
29. Are you creating visual interest with devices like bolding, italicizing, underlining, highlighting that draw attention to important points?
30. Have you included your offline contact information to reassure consumers that your business is solid?