Amy Winehouse Coroner Report: Alcohol Poisoning
Amy Winehouse Cause of Death: Alcohol Poisoning
The coroner's report in the death of singer Amy Winehouse has been sent to her family. Amy Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning.
Amy Winehouse's blood alcohol was over five times the legal driving limit at the time of her death. No illegal drugs were found in her system: she basically drank herself to death.
The St Pancras coroner has ruled Amy Winehouse's death as "death by misadventure", saying, "She had been specifically advised of the harm to her health and her life. However, she had her own views about therapy, particularly of the treatment she would accept and whether she would continue with it at any point in time."
Amy Winehouse Death Report Sent to Wrong Address
Scotland Yard originally sent the Amy Winehouse death report to the wrong address. The recipient sent it back, and it was correctly delivered on the second attempt.
She had 416mg of alcohol per decilitre of blood in her system - the legal driving limit is 80mg.