The Best Super Bowl Commercials of 2011
Reviewing the Best Super Bowl Commercials of 2011, Thanks to Youtube
Part of the reason you watch the Super Bowl is for the commercials, and 2011 is no exception. The most-watched American television of the year commands top dollar for a 15- or 30-second ad spot, and creative agencies make the most of it. Some of the Super Bowl commercials hit youtube early (like the Darth Vader commercial), and some were more of a surprise. We didn't know about either Eminem commercial until game time, for example.
- Chrysler: Eminem in Detroit - The most memorable of the bunch, and the most understated. We won't even mention Eminem's Brisk Iced Tea ad, which is best left forgotten.
- Best Buy: Ozzy Osbourne & Justin Bieber - We like to think that that would be Ozzy's real reaction to Justin Bieber.
- Captain America Trailer - Steve Rogers before and after the Super Soldier program.
- Volkswagen: The Force - The "Little Darth Vader" commercial went online before the big game, but this one is extremely cute, and gave parents around the world all sorts of ideas for trolling their kids.
- Doritos: Pug Attack - This one was actually a contest winner. It hits all the right viral-vid notes.
- Honorable mention: Joan Rivers as the new GoDaddy Girl. The ad itself is not particularly good, but you won't forget that you saw it.
- Honorable Mention: Transformers Dark of the Moon teaser trailer. Looks like Transformers 2, no?
The new Snickers ad? Sorry, it worked better the first time, i.e. with Betty White and Abe Vigoda.
If you were watching the game from outside the US, you may not have seen all of the featured ads, but, if you want to pretend that you're in the world of Demolition Man and use commercials as primary entertainment, just watch the 2011 Super Bowl commercials below.