Chris Brown and Rihanna Duet Denied, Recorded Last Year
Another anonymous source has come forward to clarify that the vocal recording made by Brown and Rihanna occurred last year — and not "in recent weeks" as had been suggested.
The couple have, apparently, not recorded together since the alleged Feb. 8th assault against Rihanna.
For ongoing updates to this story, please see NowPublic's featured news coverage of Chris Brown and Rihanna.
Reports of a duet by Rihanna and Chris Brown are apparently misleading, with a source coming forward to say they simply recorded vocals for a demo last year.
The pair were strongly rumoured to have got together in recent weeks to record the duet, with producer Polow da Don.
The producer even released a statement saying they are “both great artists to work with”.
A publicist for Da Don also reportedly told CNN that a track had been recorded.
Now a label source has come forward and told People.com that the pair have not worked together since the alleged assault on February 8.
"Contrary to published reports, Chris Brown and Rihanna did not record a duet after the incident."