Eurovision finale - Europe fell in love with a fairytale
As fas as can remember there wasn't Eurovision final where one song would stand alone.
Eurovision - is it really Europe song contest?
42 countries in Eurovision - Europe got really big! But if you are good in geography will see what am going to say - Europe isn't that huge. For years Izrael is involved in Europe life either in Euroleague or Eurovision. But it's Middle East so what it has to do with Europe. And in recent few years there's even more new countries from other continents. I don't have anything against that if it would be some kind of Worldvision song contest. But now it's time to ask - what is Eurovision for?
Poor as never
From my point of view there was only five songs worth attention. And can't remember any previous contest that was so poor. You can't say it was the fault of World economy crisis. There was only few bigger attempts to impress with lights and not the music. Probably the biggest - from Ukraine. But there was 42 countries and only few songs caught attention - time to worry about the future?
Less is better?
The World has changed and the point 'less is better' takes over the Eurovision. If you'll forget the lighting and take a look at the contestants clothing - trend is clear. Is naked body playing any role in the game? Actually - yes. Even one comentator sayed - "You can give you vote for xx only because she looks gorgeous". Enough told I think.
Neighbours for neighbours - is it still about the music?
Even new rules been written to stop neighbours voting for neighbours but it haven't helped. This trend could be seen in Balcan countries especially. So why there's the Eurovision? This only prooves - politics are much more important. There's no matter what we are talking about - Europe is still afraid of few countries. But pleasing those 'angry animals' is ruining the competition itself.
Representing yourself or you country?
Within few hours you can be in other country or even other continent. Living outside your homeland isn't a new thing. But in Eurovision artist should represent their country. Some time ago artist been pushing the limits with foreigh influenced songs just to get to the big final. Only few countries remained loyal to themselvs and their cultures. But don't you want to see people trying to represent their country by heart and soul? With the 54th Eurovision you could see names and only few songs has been representing their countries. And it was amazing.
'You made a spectacular event'
Yes - these were the words to be heared from different countries all around the continent. And have to admit - the show was amazing. But tons of lighting and kilowats of sound - is it really needed. It's a show for show or event for people?
'Lithuania is on top priority' - eurovision.tv claimed
This year Lithuanians had really big problems with the production office in Moscow. After they been told they can't use their video in a background organizers event couldn't give the best from visualations either. Hard work and long talk - the final result, have to admit, was really good.
The future of Eurovision
If anybody could tell the secret formula how to win the competition... But there's no one. After each year artists try to take something from the previous winner. You can easily remember Ruslana with her 'Wild dances". And next year - more drums and dances. Music or vocals - according to rules - both. But when only few songs catch your attention - what's the future? Actually am not surprised why elder people keeps supporting all those old bands. After last night I was able to name only few bands in the current market that are strong enough to concure the oldies. Maybe inviting countries from Asia was a secret plan to get the competition more alive? Even while am writting this can't see the future for Eurovision. Only one things comes to head - it can only go wors.
But despite all this contest is beeing watched by millions of people in Europe and even around the Globe. 55th Eurovision will be held in Norway for sure. Alexander Rybakov and his "Fairytale" got 387 points and left Iceland deep behind in second place. Looks like people felt in love with a fairytale.
The final results:
1. Norway Alexander Rybak 'Fairytale' 387
2. Iceland Yohanna 'Is It True?' 218
3. Azerbaijan AySel & Arash 'Always' 207
4. Turkey Hadise 'Düm Tek Tek' 177
5. United Kingdom Jade Ewen 'It's My Time' 173
6. Estonia Urban Symphony 'Rändajad' 129
7. Greece Sakis Rouvas 'This Is Our Night' 120
8. France Patricia Kaas 'Et S'il Fallait Le Faire' 107
9. Bosnia & Herzegovina Regina 'Bistra Voda' 106
10. Armenia Inga & Anush 'Jan Jan' 92
11. Russia Anastasia Prikhodko 'Mamo' 91
12. Ukraine Svetlana Loboda 'Be my Valentine! (Anti-crisis Girl)' 76
13. Denmark DR Brinck 'Believe Again' 74
14. Moldova Nelly Ciobanu 'Hora Din Moldova' 69
15. Portugal Flor-de-lis 'Todas As Ruas Do Amor' 57
16. Israel Noa & Mira Awad 'There Must Be Another Way' 53
17. Albania Kejsi Tola 'Carry Me In Your Dreams' 48
18. Croatia Igor Cukrov feat. Andrea 'Lijepa Tena' 45
19. Romania Elena 'The Balkan Girls' 40
20. Germany Alex Swings Oscar Sings! 'Miss Kiss Kiss Bang' 35
21. Sweden Malena Ernman 'La Voix' 33
22. Malta Chiara 'What If We' 31
23. Lithuania Sasha Son 'Love' 23
24. Spain Soraya 'La Noche Es Para Mí (The Night Is For Me)' 23
25. Finland Waldo's People 'Lose Control' 22