Game of Thrones S01E09 Preview: Baelor
Game of Thrones Preview: S01E09
Only two episodes left in Season One of Game of Thrones. Let's get going with a quick preview of Episode Nine. Those hoping for a peaceful solution between House Lannister and House Stark are in for some disappointment. Armor, swords, and stabbing. Lots of stabbing. There may be minor spoilers below, but come on. This is not only what you expected, but what you hoped for: violence, more violence, and maybe a few wolves.
- Tywin Lannister is putting Tyrion on the front lines. Clearly he wants The Imp to die. Somehow, though, I think Tyrion will survive to reach greater heights of game.
- Robb Stark is rolling into town, and he's bringing cold weather with him.
- Daenerys is hurt! She's bleeding what looks like her own blood! What?! Someone got hurt in the Dothraki camp? She's looking out for Jorah Mormont- it's cool that they have each other's backs.
- Will The Spider have the balls (as it were) to break Ned Stark out of prison?
- As Tyrion made deals with the viking dudes, so must the Starks in order to muster enough
redshirtstroops to take on the Lannisters.
- Jon Snow... well, he probably does something. At least we get to see The Wall. Maybe the White Walkers appear? What happens if they zombify some dire wolves? What then? Speaking of wolves...
Where Are All the Wolves?
Like me, you have been wondering why the dire wolves, so closely linked with the Starks, are relatively absent from Game of Thrones. Rob Walker told me that the lack of lupine action was not the fault of wolf-hating screenwriters, and that the wolves were meant to appear in every scene that featured a Stark. Turns out, though, that wolves are really tough to work with on a film shoot.
So, Game of Thrones was supposed to look like this. However, the risk of Sean Bean (or, more to the point, Lena Heady) getting devoured was too great.
Not sure why the episode is called "Baelor". As I've not read the books, I got nothin'. It's probably someone's name. We'll find out, I'm sure.