Glee - Power of Madonna April 20: Song List & Episode Summary
The crew of misfit music lovers has done it again, complete with a Madonna-only soundtrack for this episode.
This episode features 8 Madonna numbers and even the Cheerios take part. Creators of Glee were careful to include both classic Madonna hits of the 80's as well as a few more modern numbers, including a Madonna mash-up.
- Return of Glee to Tribute Madonna and Lady GaGa
- Glee Hello Premier April 13: 5-Song List, Cast & Episode Summary
Glee Episode Summary
Sexuality and virginity are hot topics for this episode, and a Madonna-filled soundtrack is only fitting. Even Sue Sylvester explores her sexuality through a stunning solo performance and video, “Vouge.” Ms. Pillsbury, Finn and Rachael all consider what it would mean to loose their virginity. All the girls in Glee seem to be having boy problems.
The episode kicks off with a performance by the Cheerios, complete with stilts and dancing, so expect even more competition between the glee club and the Sue’s girls. Mercedes and Kurt have decided to join to Cheerios to increase their exposure and feature their talents.
The icing on the cake for this episode was a surprising move from competitive front-liner from Vocal Adreneline, Jessie Saint James, who switched schools and joined the McKinley High Glee Club to be closer Rachael.
Glee Episode Song List
- “Ray of Light” by Madonna, sung by The Cheerios
- “Express Yourself” by Madonna, sung by female student cast
- Mash-up! “Borderline” and "Open Your Heart" by Madonna, sung by Rachael and Finn
- "Vogue" by Madonna, sung by Sue, Mercedes and Kurt
- “Like a Virgin” by Madonna, sung by three couples: Ms. Pillsbury and Mr. Shuester, Finn and Santana, and Rachael and Jessie Saint James
- “4 Minutes” by Madonna, sung by full student cast, feat. Mercedes and Kurt
- "What it Feels Like For a Girl" by Madonna, sung by male student cast
- "Just Like a Prayer" by Madonna, sung by full student cast