Halloween 2012: Most Popular and Trending Halloween Costumes
Costumes for Halloween: 2012 Edition
1. Monster High
Why be caught dead in anything but the latest costume? The top 10 costume trends of 2012 take their cues from pop culture, starting with Monster High's fashionista spins on classic monsters. These exclusive deluxe costumes come with to-die-for details like wicked-awesome wings and leggings.
2. Angry Birds & Angry Birds Space The addictive bird-slinging, pig-exploding action of the Angry Birds games will guarantee laughs when you show up at Halloween parties dressed like these ubiquitous feathered friends or their pesky, porky foes. Angry Birds makes a great group costume idea, especially when Lazer from the new Angry Birds Space game joins your flock. Time to decide who'll be the green pigs!
3. Superheroes 2012 is the year of superheroes! Got your super-suit? Supers of all ages can get into this blockbuster trend for trick-or-treating, costume parties and, of course, fending off evil! Watch our fun new video to see kids and dads prove the power of the right super-suit!
4. Flash Forward Go extraterrestrial this Halloween in sci-fi glam looks that are hotter than a supernova. We love how these out-there looks take dressing up for Halloween to a different dimension, and make this one of our ultra-fave 2012 costume trends. So slip on your shiny suit and get ready to light up the night, you Sexy Spacegirl!
5. Gothic Romance Whoever said romance is dead was right! 2012 will be filled with glamorous gothic girls and guys. You won't want to be caught dead in anything else!
6. Sexy Monster Costumes The hottest trend for Halloween 2012! It's hard to say if it's the neon colors, furry boot covers or cute monster hoodie hats that make this new line of sexy monster costumes from Leg Avenue so irresistible. Whatever the case, these cute costumes are just begging to be worn to a Halloween party or a rave! There are lots of styles to choose from that will fit and flatter many shapes - that means everyone in your group can get their own and wear a costume that'll look totally hot! Trick or treat!
7. Brave Costume Ideas This dark green gown looks just like Merida's! Was your child inspired by the Disney/Pixar movie Brave this summer? Merida has to stay strong and face perilous challenges in order to save her family and her kingdom. If you're little princess has adopted this heroine as her new favorite character, then I predict a Brave costume is in your future. There are licensed dress costumes that feature character cameos on them available but I really liked this one from Princess Paradise.
8. Dr. Who Costumes Are you a fan? Another popular TV character that is becoming a sought after costume is Dr. Who. If you want a great Doctor Who costume this Time Traveling Doctor costume is just what you need. The Doctor Who 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver is sold separately, but is the one accessory you don't want to skip. This costume comes in both standard and plus sizes and will be instantly recognized by Dr. Who fans!
9.Volturi Costumes - Twilight - Get ready for Breaking Dawn - Part II! The final chapter in the Twilight saga, Breaking Dawn, has arrived in theaters. That means that once again Twilight costume ideas will be in high demand. In Breaking Dawn the Volturi play a starring role as they threaten the lives of the Cullens and force Edward and Bella to face them once and for all. Dressing like Bella or Edward is relatively simple, they basically look like average teenagers. But if you want to spend this Halloween as Vampire royalty then you need a Volturi vampire costume. A luxurious Gothic vampire costume is the perfect choice for creating your own Volturi costume for Halloween!