I have reported US Senator Pete Domenici (NM) to the FBI.
I have informed them that I believe a federal grant might have been secured by the leadership of the Albuquerque Public Schools, under false pretenses, and that United States Senator Pete Domenici may have been complicit; if not in the fraud, then in the cover up.
As evidence of wrong doing I can offer only the following;
1. APS refuses to surrender an accounting of the spending of the grant, even in response to a request for public records filed under the auspices of the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act.
2. APS refuses to surrender the identities of the membership of the APS Character Counts Leadership Council, under whose name I assume the grant was solicited.
It seems unlikely that if the council were legitimate, its membership would be secret. The concept of secret "leadership" is oxymoronic, if nothing else.
3. Key figures in the Leadership Council, Paula Maes, Dee Dee Stroud, Carole Smith, and Toby Herrera have renounced their personal accountability to the Pillars of Character Counts as their standard of conduct and competence for even the few hours a day that they are among the most senior role models in the APS, of the student standard of conduct; the Pillars of Character Counts.
It seems unlikely as well, that the "leadership" council would count among its members, those who have renounced their accountability to the Pillars of Character Counts! It seems especially unlikely that if the council were legitimate, it would elect as its President, Paula Maes, who has participated personally in removing from the employee code of conduct (her own), any accountability to the Pillars of Character Counts.
4. The APS Character Counts website; and its record of doing absolutely nothing for years, has simply disappeared from the internet. Especially since both Dee Dee Stroud and Carole Smith are drawing salaries as Character Counts! functionaries.
5. United States Senator Pete Domenici, had steadfastly refused to offer any defense, explanation, or even acknowledgment of the monumental hypocrisy that is APS Character Counts!
This is most difficult to explain considering the fact that Pete Domenici is a bona fide founding father of Character Counts! and has every reason in the world, to intervene in the rape of his "found" child, by Paula Maes, et al.
6. I have been illegally arrested by the APS Police Department
on five occasions, rather that allow me my right to demand,
on the record, some explanation of the abdication of the
leadership of the APS, as role models
of the student standard of conduct.
A standard that they violated, and continue to violate,
by stonewalling the issue.
So far the FBI offers little hope.
I can understand, I guess, that hiding evidence,
even in violation of the NMIPRA is not itself,
is not itself evidence of criminal misconduct.
Kind of a catch 22, as it were.
To the rest of us, it would seem that
where there is smoke
there is fire.