IPL 2013 Video Highlights: CSK vs DD - IPL 6 64th Match
- In a bid to ensure teams have the chance to stick to their top players, albeit by shelling out huge stashes of money, the Indian Premier...
- The Governing Council of the Indian Premier League has proposed a salary cap of Rs.60 crore for the seventh season of the cash-rich...
- The BCCI terminated Pune Warriors from the IPL after the Sahara-owned franchise defaulted on its payments and refused to furnish the...
- The second edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) was moved out of India in 2009 as the tournament clashed with the general...
- The England and Wales Cricket Board’s decision to scrap the May Tests which have been a part of their home fixture list since 2000 by...
Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils Highlights of IPL 2013, 64th T20 Match Played at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai on 14th May 2013.
The Chennai Super Kings have returned to the top of the Indian Premier League after recording a 33-run victory over the Delhi Daredevils in Chepauk.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit an unbeaten 58 as the Super Kings posted 168-4, a total the Daredevils never really got near as they laboured to 135-9 in reply.
Delhi's hopes of a rare away victory were dealt a major blow when they lost Virender Sehwag to just the second delivery of their run chase, Mohit Sharma getting the big-hitting opener caught behind before he'd troubled the scorers.
The same bowler also dismissed Unmukt Chand (16) and although Johan Botha weighed in with 23, the Daredevils found themselves five down with only 63 runs on the board.
David Warner tried to keep them in the hunt with 44, though the Australian was becalmed by his usual standards, facing 37 deliveries for his runs. He'd hit a six and two fours by the time he fell to Albie Morkel (3-32).
Ravi Ashwin and Dwayne Bravo also played their part with the ball, both taking 2-19, as Chennai took over at the summit from the Mumbai Indians.
Openers Michael Hussey (26) and Murali Vijay (31) had given the Super Kings the perfect platform in their innings, putting on 61 before both fell in quick succession.
Suresh Raina managed just seven but Dhoni and Ravindra Jadeja (24) shared a fourth-wicket stand worth 57 in 38 deliveries before the latter was bowled by Umesh Yadav.
Dhoni hit four sixes and two fours as he carried on to the end, Bravo adding an unbeaten 12 to get the hosts to a total their bowlers comfortably defended.