Irish Sayings and Quotes for St. Patrick's Day 2010
Irish Quotes and Sayings to Help Celebrate St. Patrick's Day
In order to celebrate St. Patrick's Day properly, you'll need more than just green beer and a jolly attitude. To truly get into the Irish spirit, you'll need Irish sayings and quotes.
"If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough"
Cautionary Irish Quotes
- “Who gossips with you will gossip of you”
- “It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life”
- “Better fifty enemies outside the house than one within”
- "A good retreat is better than a bad stand"
The Irish on Love
- “Great hate follows great love”
- "Marry a mountain girl and you marry the whole mountain"
- "What is nearest the heart is nearest the mouth"
- "There are fish in the sea better than have ever been caught"
- “It is easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song, but the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with years, and the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through the tears.”
- “You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.”
- “Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom.”
- “A silent mouth is sweet to hear”
The Irish on Beer
- “But the greatest love - the love above all loves, even greater than that of a mother - is the tender, passionate, undying love, of one beer drunken slob for another”
Here's to a long life and a merry one
A quick death and an easy one
A pretty girl and an honest one
A cold beer and another one!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!