Lil Wayne Rock Album Rebirth Release Date Delayed
The anticipated "rock album" Rebirth from the one of busiest men in hip hop has been delayed. The album was originally slated for release for April 7th. The date has now been pushed to May 19th.
Lil Wayne has pushed back the release date of his rock-and-roll LP Rebirth from April 7 to May 19. The video for the album's first single, "Prom Queen," however, has been shot and should be released soon.
Lil Wayne has been hard at work with his I Am Music Tour with T. Pain, Gym Class Heroes and Keri Hilson, he recently won four Grammy Awards including Rap Album of the Year and performed twice at the award show. It hasn't been all good news in 2009 for the New Orleans rapper though. A lawsuit has been filled by New York State concert promoter Ed Strickland. Lil Wayne canceled a concert on October 26th in Rochester, then canceled the make-up date on December 6th, then he backed out a third time on January 21st.
$1.3 million lawsuit against the rapper, according to the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle.
Some of the reasons given by Lil Wayne's publicist for canceling shows were
- October 26th - Sound issues, low quality monitors at the venue
- January 21st - The tour manager didn't realize how long it would take to get to Calgary for the next tour date. Calgary was deemed a more important show and Rochester was skipped
Here are the rest of the I Am Music tour dates, sorry Rochester.
· 3/17 - Providence @ Dunkin Donuts Center
· 3/18 - Wallingford @ Chevrolet Theatre
· 3/19 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
· 3/20 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
· 3/21 - Indianapolis, IN @ Concesco Fieldhouse
· 3/23 - San Antonio, TX @ ATT Center
· 3/25 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Center
· 3/29 - Los Angeles, CA @ Gibson Amphitheatre
· 3/31 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solution Arena