Miley Cyrus New Tattoo: Teddy Roosevelt Quote
What does Miley Cyrus' New Tattoo Say?
Miley Cyrus got a new tattoo on her left forearm, pushing her way past Justin Bieber on the Marc Almond scale. MTV describes the new Miley Cyrus tattoo as "kinda smart".
Miley Cyrus' new tattoo reads, "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." It's a quote from Teddy Roosevelt, regarding critics. Think of it as a more erudite version of "Haters gonna hate". The original speech was given in Paris, back in 1910.
Richard Nixon quoted the same speech while resigning in 1974.
How Many Tattoos Does Miley Cyrus Have?
Look out, Mike Ness... Miley Cyrus has 15 tattoos.
- “Just Breathe” on her chest
- “Love” in her right ear
- Dreamcatcher on her left side
- Very poorly-done anchor on her right wrist
- Equal sign, peace symbol, cross, heart, eye, and the word “karma” on her fingers
- Ohm symbol of her left wrist
- Blurry skull on her right heel
- “Love Never Dies” on her arm
- Roman numerals on her elbow ("VIIXCI" isn't a real number, though)
- ... and now the Teddy Roosevelt quote
Here's the quote in full, which obviously wouldn't fit on Miley Cyrus' forearm:
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat"