The Monkees reunite for Davy tribute tour
Surviving members of 60s pop band The Monkees will perform their first live shows together in fifteen years.
The 12-date US tour, which begins in November 2012, will mark the band's first tour since Davy Jones died in February, at the age of 66.
Here's the complete schedule with venues:
- Nov. 8 California Center for the Arts - Escondido Calif.
- Nov. 9 Arlington Theatre - Santa Barbara Calif.
- Nov. 10 Greek Theatre - Los Angeles
- Nov. 11 Flint Center for the Performing Arts - Cupertino Calif.
- Nov. 15 State Theatre - Minneapolis
- Nov. 16 The Chicago Theatre - Chicago
- Nov. 17 Lakewood Civic Auditorium - Cleveland
- Nov, 18 The Center for the Arts - Buffalo N.Y.
- Nov. 29 Keswick Theatre - Philadelphia
- Nov. 30 State Theatre Regional Arts Center - New Brunswick N.J.
- Dec. 1 The Paramount - Huntington N.Y.
- Dec. 2 The Beacon Theatre - New York
- All tickets on sale from Aug. 10 noon 2012 at the box offices and via the internet
Band members Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork will perform some of the bands hit songs, including Daydream Believer and I'm a Believer. The band had no1 chart hits in the US, Australia, Norway, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom between 1966 and 1970.
Manchester-born lead singer Jones died of a heart attack on 29 February 2012