The NEW Crocker Art Museum | Something for Everyone
The New Crocker in Sacramento, CA will have something for just about every art lover in all of us. And you'll get to see it all October 10 at 10am when the Crocker Art Museum reopens.
Due to a major expansion and getting things ready for 10/10/10 at 10am, the Crocker has been closed for several months getting itself ready to present its new self.
There are grand works of art for your eyes and great food to keep your inner artist nourished while visiting.
• 12,000 sq ft of temporary exhibition space.
• 45,000 sq ft of gallery space for the permanent collection.
• An Education Center and Teacher Resource Center.
• Ann and Malcolm Henry Works on Paper Study Center.
• Two story atrium and courtyard.
• Collections care and outdoor seating.
• Multi-media auditorium
• A comprehensive collection of California art dating from the Gold Rush to the present.
• Exceptional holdings of aery master drawings.
• Dutch and Flemish paintings from the 16th and 17th centuries.
• Contemporary paintings, sculpture and multi-media works.
• One of the largest and most comprehensive international ceramics collections in the United States.
• Rapidly growing collections of African, Oceanic and Asian art.
Gifts Celebrating the Next 125 Years
OCTOBER 10, 2010 – JANUARY 9, 2011
Wayne Thiebaud: Homecoming
OCTOBER 10 – NOVEMBER 28, 2010
A Pioneering Collection:
Master Drawings from the Crocker Art Museum
OCTOBER 10, 2010 – FEBRUARY 6, 2011
The Vase and Beyond
216 O St., Sacramento, CA 95814
Tues & Wed: 10am - 7pm
Thurs: 10am - 9pm
Fri - Sun: 10am - 5pm
(Information courtesy of Crocker Art Museum)
All Photos | Kati Garner