New Year' Eve Party Ideas: Top Seven Ways To Spend NY's On Budget
As people are trying to cope with the realities of downsized economy, expensive club parties and restaurants on New Year's Eve are beyond most people's reach, so people are looking for cheaper New Year's eve party ideas. But, what are some of the ways to celebrate New Year's on budget, still have fun, and get more bang for your buck?
- Celebrate at home with family: you will have to bear the cost of food and drinks, but at least you won't have to pay cover charges. Of course, you will have to deal with all the cleanup afterward. One suggestion for that - use disposable plates and cups and just throw them away after people leave.
- Go to a friend's house party: if it is a potluck party, the cost will be the same as with the home party. On the bright side, you won't have to do any clean-up, unless your friend makes you to, so choose what party you go to wisely.
- Have a romantic home-made dinner with your significant other: the cost comes down to food and drinks again, and potentially some candles depending on how "romantic" your romantic dinner is.
- Spend New Year's writing your New Year's resolutions: the cost comes down to paper, ink and caffeine to keep you motivated after you get to resolution #4.
- Go on a non-stop trip to a neighbouring town and back for a change of scenery: the real cost is gas, but you will feel better for getting out.
- If you want to really have some adrenalin-pumping fun while still keeping on budget, go hiking or camping on New Year's. The cost will be minimal, and you are not likely to see big crowds, unless everyone else is as original as you are. Stay safe and warm though.
- Sleep through it: of course, you are missing out on all the fun, but the cost is zero, and if one of your New Year's resolutions was getting more sleep anyway, you will be well on your way to accomplishing it!