Robert Frith Nominated For 2011 TMA Singer/Songwriter Award
Roberto Alvarez-Galloso | March 7, 2011 at 05:47 pmby
225 views | 2 Recommendations | 1 comment
1. You were nominated for the 2011 Texas Music Awards in the category of Singer/Songwriter Of The Year. What was your reaction to the news?
Extremely surprised and honored!
2. How does the current nomination compare to the 2010 one for the same category as well as the category of Producer Of The Year? Please feel free to compare the reactions from 2010 and 2011.
Thanks. I had just released my newest CD last year and I was consumed in getting it out there and heard. I'm always amazed at the level of talent in Texas and we have such a unique sound that is all our own. I know that my music doeesn't exactly fit into one catagory, and I've been so blessed to have received so much love and support.
3. You won the 2010 TMA's for Singer Songwriter Of The Year. What has transpired in your career from the time you won last year to the present time?
Great things! I had a song that I co-wrote that was recorded by Mark Chessnut that was put into the movie "Noble Things", and I've played some great shows/venues in support of the newest CD. One of the songs on my latest CD called "I Can't Go To Mexico" is getting a lot of attention, it is unfortunately still a current problem that seems to be getting worse by the day. It's about the violence on and around our border with Mexico and it's getting a lot of airplay now and I hope it keeps up!
4. It appears that your album "Robert Frith" has been popular since its release in 2009. What makes the album so popular?
I think the songs are some of the strongest I've ever written. Also, I was blessed to write with some great songwriters including Don Rollins, "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere", M. Jason Greene, "Rumor Has It", and my old friends Douglas Greer and Kevin Brown.
5. Will there be another album out?
Yes, I am considering an all acoustic CD. It's the way that I've performed mostly over the years, just me and the guitar. I've gotten requests for it over the years and I think it's time.
6. Any concert tours in the future?
I'm always out there! I'm so lucky to have been able to be performing professionally since the age of 15, it's really the only time I am truly comfortable and trouble free. The stage is a great place to be.
7. Is there anything you want to say to the public?
Thank you so much for your interest in independent music! I hope you'll consider getting my music and checking me out, as well as so many other talented people in Texas. Check out www.mytexasmusic.com/robertfrith
! THANK YOU again !!!!!
Thanks Robert for accepting my invitation. I also heard your album especially "I Can't Go To Mexico". It's poignant since I remember some of my family members at one time used to cross the border for a visit [1970's and 1980's].
Alida Antonia CorneliusThese members have powered this story: