Dirty Flue May Have Caused Fire
FireFightingNews.com | December 21, 2006 at 09:57 amby
543 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
North Carolina - Fire officials say a mechanical malfunction in a water heating structure at Meredith Village Apartments likely sparked the blaze Wednesday afternoon that left dozens of people displaced from their homes. Raleigh Fire Department Division Chief Rusty Styons said the base of a flue leading to the building's roof from a water heater was clogged with leaves and other combustible materials, which likely caused the fire. Scorch marks on the building around the flue initially tipped off investigators, he said.
These members have powered this story: