Heath Ledger Autopsy Results Show Accidental Overdose
Rob Walker | February 6, 2008 at 08:11 amby
554 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
The NYC medical examiner has released the report on Heath Ledger's autopsy results, which show that he died of an accidental overdose of prescription medication.
Previous NowPublic coverage here.
The New York City medical examiner has ruled that actor Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.
Ledger was found dead in his New York apartment two weeks ago.
Toxicology tests revealed pain killers, anxiety medications, and sleeping pills were all present in Ledger's system when he died.
The Australian actor was found dead in his rented New York apartment on
January 22 with prescription sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medicine
drugs nearby."Mr Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the the New York City medical examiner's office office said in a statement.
Just a little over two weeks after his death, and as his family prepares to bury him, the NYC medical examiner has given the results of Heath Ledger's toxicology report.
The official word is that the actor died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. A lot of prescription drugs.
The ME's spokeswoman, Ellen Borakove, made the following statement: "Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.'' These are generic names for OxyContin, Valium, Xanax, Restoril, Ibuprofen and Unisom.