Earth Hour - Forgetting the Enviro Crap and Focussing on Romance
We live in a day and age where we spend too much time communicating on electronic devices and not enough time just enjoying each others company in real time. Aside from all the do gooder, environmental crap of turning off the power for an hour tonight, the truly powerful part of Earth Hour is taking the time to remember what it is like to spend quality time together minus the distractions of the tv, texting, phone calls, tweeting ...etc. And just think of the romance that can unfold when your full and undivided attention is focused on that special person in your life.
Just to fire up your imagination as to what could be possible, here are a few Earth Hour suggestions to the couples out there, whether it's a first or second date or the person that you have been living with for 20+ years:
- Enjoy a candle lit dinner for two (remember to turn off the oven by 8:30 pm).
- Go for a starlit walk.
- Run a bubble bath for your loved one and read to them by candlelight.
- Cuddle up to a campfire under the stars (just don't forget to get the fire permit).
- If you are blessed with musical abilities, enjoy an hour serenading your partner (and if this is the case, yet you're single, my number is ....).
- Curl up under a blanket outdoors and do a little stargazing together.
- Candle lit scrabble (best of all, no one can cheat by using their iphone or blackberry).
- An hour long massage by candlelight, or better yet, two hours - one hour each.
Remember Earth Hour is between 8:30 - 9:30 pm tonight (March 27th, 2010), so power down. Oh and there is absolutely no reason why you and your lover can't make your own Earth Hours on a regular basis throughout the year.
Special thanks to @ClareSaxon, @nugglemama, @lizzieh84, @airdrie, and @EatsShootsEdits, who shared their Earth Hour romance ideas with me on twitter. Would love to hear more ideas on how to generate a little romance into your Earth Hour tonight in the comments below.