Global Warming Swindle
PIM of SPAIN | July 26, 2009 at 06:20 amby
840 views | 15 Recommendations | 5 comments
How realistic is it to go green? Humanity will keep spewing carbon into the atmosphere. The Kyoto Protocol divided the world into two groups. The roughly 1.2 billion citizens of industrialized countries equalling 20% of the people living on Earth that is expected to reduce their emissions. And the other 80% or 5 billion including both China and India that aren't. These numbers alone are a guarantee that humanity isn't going to reduce global emissions at all, not now and not in the future. The long-term trend is clear. The 80% populations and their per head emissions are increasing much faster than ours could fall under any remotely plausible carbon-reduction scheme.
The truth is that, people’s CO2 emission is so tiny, -0,05% of the total - its ability to warm the planet is virtual zero, if CO2 emission indeed are the culprit of global warming as repeatedly is said, which not even is supported by scientific evidence.
The main question is whether all those emitted gasses in the atmosphere cause Global-Warming as the media do us believe? In previous postings and comments, I referred to the film "The Great Global Warming Swindle" on which a number of request to provide more information were received. It was not an easy job, but extensive research located the original film in a private library.
Below a detailed extract is written made from the main topics dealt with in this film. An intro video is attached. The complete video 630MB -90 minute- is put on the Internet for download and viewing, by clicking its link. The film of course does have its critiques, mainly from people directly or indirectly involved through financial interest. For the objectivity a few arguments against the film have been copied and added at the end to this story.
It is the reader who finally makes up his mind on this subject whether greenhouse gasses and CO2 emissions really destroy the Earth and cause global warming. To be straight, I’m not against the preservation of our environment, or disputing global warming, but am concerned that the objectivity has been shattered by people who depend on it, by exploiting fear about global warming that definitely not is going to destroy our planet. Once governments start subsidizing political motivated issues, it is clear that everyone wants to be on the bandwagon to cash in on the money. The propaganda made, goes beyond reality and is creating panic in order to make better impact. The film explains through comments of various specialized top-scientists, experts, politicians, a science editor and even the co-founder of Greenpeace what really is the case with Global-Warming.
“Global warming don’t be scared it’s not true. It’s dressed up as science but it’s not science it’s propaganda. We just have been told lies. There is no direct evidence that links global warming with greenhouse gasses. We can’t see that CO2 drives climate, it certainly did it in the past. If the CO2 increase in the atmosphere as a greenhouse gas then the temperature should go up. The ice core records show exactly the opposite. The fundamental assumption of the whole theory of climate change due to humans is shown to be wrong. Man made global warming is no longer a theory about climate it is a defining moral and political cause of our age.
Campaigners say the time for debate is over any criticism no matter how scientifically rigorous is illegitimate even worse dangerous. Earth climate over the centuries is always changing. There is nothing unusual about the current temperature and that the scientific evidence doesn’t support the notion that climate is driven by CO2, man made or otherwise. Everywhere you are told that climate change is proven beyond doubt, but you are been told lies.
Prof Tim Ball, Dept of Climatology University of Winnipeg: When people say not to believe in global warming, I believe in global warming, but he doesn’t believe that human CO2 is causing that warming.
Prof Nir Shaviv Institute of Physics University of Jerusalem: A few years ago if you would tell me about global warming I believed it, because the media told so.
Each day the news reports grow more apocalyptic. Politicians don’t dare to express any doubt about global change.
Lord Lawson of Bably: This is the most politically incorrect thing possible. It is the doubt it is climate change orthodoxy.
Global warming has gone beyond politics (Trains not Planes is promoted) It is the new kind of morality.
As the frenzy of a man made global warming is growing, senior scientist says the actual scientific basis for climate change is crumbling. We have had in the past periods with 3 till 10 times as much CO2 as today in the atmosphere, and if CO2 has an effect on climate change you should see it in the temperature reconstruction
Prof Ian Clark, Dept of Earth Sciences University of Ottawa: If you analyze the geological time frame you would never suspect CO2 as a major climate driver.
Dr. Piers Corbyn, Climate Forecaster Weather Action: Climate changes in the last 1000 years cannot be explained by CO2.
Prof John Christy, Lead Author, IPCC (International Panel for Climate Change): IPCC says ‘often it is heard to be said that there is a consensus of thousands of scientist on the global warming issue causing a dramatic change in the climate system, and humans are causing a dramatic change to the climate system.’ I am one scientist but many more think that is simply not true. Manmade global warming is not an ordinary scientific theory. It is presented in the media as having a stamp of authority of a huge international organization.
Prof. Philip Stott, Dept. of Biogeography University of London: The IPCC of the United Nations like any body of the UN is political the final conclusions are political driven.
Prof Paul Reiter, IPCC & Pasteur Institute, Paris: The claim that the IPCC is the top of world’s 1500 – 2.500 scientist, that’s not true there are quite a number of non-scientist involved.
Prof Richard Lindzen, IPCC & M.I.T.: To make up the number of 2.500 they have counted the reviewers and government people anyone who came close to them and none of them were asked to agree, many of them disagree. Those people that don’t agree and resign, and there are quite number, known of have simply been put of the author list and become part of the 2.500 top world scientist. This is pure propaganda. It has turned in a political ideology.
Patrick Moore, Co-founder of Greenpeace: It is not an environmental movement anymore but an activist movement, influential at a global level. It is the story of distortion of a whole area of science.
Dr Roy Spencer, Weather Satellite Team Leader NASA: In order to get funding, we have a vested interest to create panic, because then money will flow to climate science. There is one thing you shouldn’t say; this might not be a problem. It is a story how a political campaign turned into a bureaucratic bandwagon.
Prof. Patrick Michaels, Dept of Environmental Sciences University of Virginia:
The matter of fact is that tens of thousands jobs depend on global warming right now. It is a big business. It has become a great industry in itself. And if the whole global warming saga collapsed there will be an awful lot of people out of jobs, and looking for work. It is story of censorship and intimidation.
Nigel Calder, Former Editor of New Scientist: Seen and heard that anybody disagreeing with them is spitted on. About Westerners invoking the thread of climate disaster is hindering vital industrial progress in the developing world.
James Shikwati, African Economist & Author: Somebody is keen to kill the African dream the African dream is to develop. The environmental movement evolved in the strongest force, they’re for preventing development in the developing countries.
The global warming story is a cautionary tail of how a media scare became the defining idea of a generation. The whole globing warming business has become a religion and people who disagree are called heretics.“
• CO2 changes followed global temperature changes by hundreds to thousands of years and not as the propaganda let believe that changes in CO2 levels largely caused the changes in global temperature.
• The temperatures actually went down in the postwar economic boom period from 1945 to 1980 (see attached NASA graph) when carbon dioxide emissions were increasing, and sunspots were decreasing.
• Global warming is due to the activity of the sun spots (gas explosion) activity instead of increased output of carbon dioxide emission.
• It is exaggerated to state that with certainty there is an alleged link between global warming and the frequency and severity of tropical storms.
• Global Warming promoters warn that a doubling of pre-industrial CO2 levels to 560 ppm will so acidify seawater that all optimal areas for coral reef construction will disappear by 2050. This is not true because coral calcification rates have increased as ocean temperatures and CO2 levels have risen, and today’s main reef builders evolved and thrived during the Mesozoic Period, when atmospheric CO2 levels hovered above 1,000 ppm for 150 million years and exceeded 2,000 ppm for several million years.
• It is claimed that the rate of global warming is accelerating, whereas the rate has been remarkably constant for the past 30 years — roughly 0.17°C/decade.
• Global warming is blamed for a “mass extinction crisis”, which in fact is not the case.
• Climate warming propaganda scares is causing great harm by preventing Africa gaining electricity supplies from their abundant fossil reserves and should only make use of wind power and solar panels that are 3 – 4 times more costly and not continuous in supply, holding back its development.
Critique on the film by John Houghton, President, John Ray Initiative:
• Climate is always changing – TRUE. However, the programme also argued that changes in global average temperature over the last 50 years and as projected for the 21st century are within the range of natural climate variability as observed over the last few millennia – NOT TRUE.
• That carbon dioxide content and temperature correlate so closely during the last ice age is not evidence of carbon dioxide driving the temperature but rather the other way round - TRUE. The programme went on to state that this correlation has been presented as the main evidence for global warming by the IPCC – NOT TRUE.
• Changes in the sun influence climate – TRUE. They cited the Maunder Minimum in the 17th century when no sunspots were observed, as a probable example. Solar influences are the main driver of global average temperature in the 20th century – NOT TRUE.
• Climate models are too complex and uncertain to provide useful projections of climate change - NOT TRUE.
• Action on climate change by developed countries may have a negative influence on development of the world’s poorer countries – POSSIBLY TRUE.
There are many more arguments pro and contra, but one thing may be sure once having viewed the video ‘The Great Global Warming Swindle’ opinion may be more balanced.
Amy JuddThese members have powered this story: