Green Holiday Gift Ideas for Your Pet
If you are trying to have a Green Holiday this year, don't forget about your pet! I am one of those people who likes to buy a gift for my cat (silly I know), but if you want to include your pet in your gifts, here are some green ideas on how to do that.
1) If you grow some catnip, just get some fabric like felt or thick cotton, and sew together a little pouch with catnip inside and your cat will go crazy for it! It's cheaper and better for them than buying the same from the supermarket.
2) Attaching an item to a piece of string makes an instant toy for your pet as they will love to chase it around - just make sure there are no bits that can fall off and they can chew on attached.
3) As a treat for a smaller animal, like a hamster or ferret, cook up some seed with some fat or lard and make a homemade suet cake that they can chew on while your having your Christmas dinner.
4) If you like to knit or sew, make your pet a sweater for when, and if, they go outside, or even around the house on cold nights. You can easily find some patterns and ideas on the internet.
5) If you can braid string, why not make your pet a custom collar? It could be bright and colourful and even Christmassy to match the season!
6) Lastly, spend time with your pet - it's really what they crave most, and half an hour of throwing a ball around for example is a good start to the best present ever for them!