Homemade Gift Ideas for a Green Holiday
Here are just a few ideas of what to do if you want to make something rather than buy something - to have a 'Green Holiday' and I don't mean the colour of money.
What about the idea of giving someone a coupon to spend time together? It sounds cheesy, but the memories you will cherish more are the ones that you make with someone, not the ones that you make with an object.
Or, how about...
- Bake something for someone. Think of someone who might enjoy a batch of homemade cookies or a pie.
- Frame a piece of art created by a child. Some relatives would love receiving something like this.
- Sew an apron for your favorite cook with a personalized saying on it.
- Create a paper mache Christmas tree out of newspaper.
- Cross stitch something onto a towel, apron or framed Aida fabric.
- Make a candle holder out of a tin can by punching a design into it with hammer and nail. Recycled soup and coffee cans work well for this and you can use a stencil similarly to carving a pumpkin.
- Create a homemade photo album full of favorite family photos.