Untested Pesticide to be aerially sprayed over California urban areas to battle LBAM moth; Scientists say unlikely to be success
Santa Cruz & Monterey County residential
areas are going to be aerial sprayed with a
biochemical as often as every 30 days
starting August ? , 2008!
San Francisco, Oakland, Marin, Albany, and
more residential areas are going to be
aerial sprayed with a biochemical as
often as every 30 days starting
August 17, 2008!
- The only concrete beneficiary of this plan appears to be the provider of the pesticide.
- Spraying over urban areas appears unwarranted.
- Some experts claim the moth has been here for years, even decades.
- It's unclear that anyone can point to actual damage done by the moth.
- This may be in response to pressure from potential importers of California fruits to "control" this "pest".