Upload a picture of your Christmas tree - help save the forest
Upload a picture of your Christmas tree to the site 'World Christmas Tree 2008' and you can help save a piece of the planet yourself so that we will have more Christmas trees for years to come.
We display ads on our site to enable us generate money which is then donated to the World Land Trust who use it to buy land to conserve forests. World Christmas Tree 2008 follows the 80/20 rule meaning that 80% of the revenue generated is donated to the selected charity project. The remaining 20% are used to cover our overheads, invest in improving the site, and create new sites promoting the sustainability concept.
We have roughly calculated that for every uploaded Christmas tree photo we are able to donate enough money for the World Land Trust to conserve one square foot of forest. The World Land Trust (WLT) is an international conservation organisation that takes direct action to save rainforest and other biologically important lands. World Christmas Tree 2008 is inspired by Freerice and Onefoot projects