10 Most Unhealthy Cancer Causing Foods To Avoid
0 Most Unhealthy Cancer Causing Foods To Avoid We all know that our health depends on what we eat. Our diet consists of different varieties of food items which are prepared and processed using different methods. During the preparation, storage and processing various changes occur to the naturally obtaining foods and some of these changes are damaging to our body cells. There are many food items which are considered as carcinogenic or which act as cancer causing agents and hence are to be avoided completely, if you want to enjoy a healthy life for a long time. Cancer is one of the most dreaded diseases of the modern age and diet plays an important role in causing cancer, apart from other factors such as genetics, exposure to chemicals and life style. To avoid cancer risk one should have basic knowledge about the food items that are harmful to our body. Most of the mouth watering foodstuffs available in the market are actually carcinogenic and hence a careful selection of food is necessary to protect ourselves and our family members from the risk of developing cancer. The top ten foods which are cancer causing are discussed here.
1. Processed Meat There are different methods used for processing and preserving meat.
- Smoking, salting, curing, pickling and chemical preservatives are the common methods used to preserve meat.
- Processed meat items like bacon, hot dogs, sausages, packaged ham, pepperoni etc contain preservatives which make them appear as fresh.
- Sodium nitrite and nitrate are the preservatives which are commonly used and these preservatives are found to be carcinogenic. These preservatives increase the chances of colon cancer and pancreatic cancer.
According to World Cancer Research Fund, the consumers should avoid eating processed meats to protect themselves from cancer.
2. Smoked And Burned Food Items One of the major food items liked by people is the barbequed foods.
Read more at http://todaynewcom.blogspot.com/2013/10/10-most-unhealthy-cancer-causing-foods.