170 Suffer from Food Poisoning at Oslo Hotel
More than 170 people have fallen ill and landed in hospital after staying at the Clarion Hotel Gardermoen in Oslo, Norway. Most were members of Norway's diabetes foundation, who were at the hotel to hold a conference and celebrate their 60th anniversary, and started to become ill on Saturday.
By Tuesday, however, more than 20 hotel employees and at least 10 other guests not tied to the diabetes group had reported getting sick. Even the band hired in to entertain at the foundation's anniversary got sick.
Officials initially suspected that something served at a lunch buffet set up for the diabetes group was the source of the food poisoning. Now they're not sure, given all the other cases of illness.
The hotel was shut down late Monday, initially for two days. It can take several more weeks, however, before authorities can determine the source of the illnesses.