count my Wednesday blessings
1. I do enjoy the debate of 'is coffee good for you?' Like most, I have trouble functioning before having my first cup of joe in my system early (yes, I do know it is probably habitual). Finally, I have the routine done with all the paraphernalia purchased: Energizer Exceptional Value Charger to go with my Aerolatte and stovetop espresso maker, Bialetti with italian Lavazza espresso produces the best wake-me-up.
2. I miss my siblings. Some of you may know that I come from a traditional/modern (or is it transitional?) family with four kids,
2 boys and 2 girls so boy, girl, girl, boy (derived from ancient Chinese charactor: it is excellent to have 2 sons and 2 daughters, silly I know); I am the second, the older daughtor. We are apart, continentally apart: Dr. Ho, the older brother just moved to Ottawa for his new specialized training position (don't ask me what, something medical related) from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am living and breathing in Vancouver, BC, Canada. After her MA in Education, my sister decided to work for an non-profile organization for mentally challenged in Nantou, Taiwan closer to my parents. As for my little brother, he is writing his dissertation for his Msc. in Healthcare Management in UK after the medical degree in University of Beijing in China. I can honest say that we are overachievers academically. Today, I sent my younger brother, youngest of the four my blog; he commented: 'that is stupid" so i sent him THIS. (parental advised). Such a class act, wouldn't' you agree?
3. To Friendship: I was complaining about my lower back pain when my one of my newly acquired disposable young friends innocently said 'it's not your posture; it's aging.' I didn't react to it instead I pay it forward. On the phone with my workout buddy, she said 'some areas I am fat like my tummy' I replied without any functioning common sense 'it's not fat; it's aging' I am blessed I have nice friends and I really do not understand the concept of paying it forward.
4. Be prepared to have your fridge cleared if you invite me over for anything. One of my great great friends Swin Nung Chai is going to be married to Sunny Leung on Sept 19th 2010. I was graciously invited over for a pre-wedding meeting until I had a piece of chocolate mouse cake, red bean ice cream, lemon tart cookie, her left over, sweet and sour pork and osabi fried shrimp and some of sunny's cheese and a lot of green tea in 3 hours. By the time I left, I had a sugar crash. (Mr. sugar you let me down) I am really just living by "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." - Steve Jobs
5. Social media in action where I make a good effort to tweet, digg and stumble contents in the www sphere, I always Like but often shocked when appreciation is shown. Blessed that I got "@every3rdthought Thanks for the linkluv! from richi" and I belong to "@Phanyxx/yvr-cool-tweeps Your tweets are like a ray of sunshine in November" list.
6. Never walk in bakery when hungry but universe works in mysterious ways that I got moo's famous banana bread in exchange for Sally's cinnamon buns. delic~
7. The word is 'HUSSLE'; The song is "The Climb"; The quote by Dr. Vickery is "Fight on! The one's who make it are not the best or the strongest, but the one's who persist !!' I am blessed by the inspirations and spiritual dimension.
8 .blueberry bliss! I am so going to miss it!
10. SALSA fun tonight!