How to Choose the Best Drug Rehab Center
There are no ranks and rating as of now for drug treatment centers, so selecting the best amongst many of the centers available these days could prove to be difficult as well as an off-putting task. But there are certain criteria as to what you should look for while choosing a rehab.
- The number of patients handled by a therapist should be low to make sure that the therapist can give proper amount of time and quality counseling to each of his patient.
- It is taken that a treatment center is only as good as its staff so the therapist should be well educated and experienced, at least with Master level of degree in social work and behavioral science.
- It is essential that a therapist builds one-on-one interaction with his patient. This relationship building is highly important.
- The activities and the types of therapy in the centre equally matters. These would include yoga, music art and group programs.
- The facilities that help client to increase their self worth and self esteem are the kind of rehab that you should opt for.
- The success rate of the rehab gives you an idea as to how good the rehab really is in providing help and producing effective results.
- How big is the rehab? Its size also makes a different.
- What does this particular rehab specialize in? Is it in gender specific or adolescent or faith based?
- Relapse prevention programs are the most neglected but the most important part of any good rehab. These programs keep clients from getting back on drugs after leaving the rehab.
The style in which a rehab functions will make a lot of difference.