Miss USA Scandal: New Witness Agrees Contest Was Rigged
Beauty pageants have always had their share of drama, but the Miss USA organization is under heavy fire from a pair of scorned beauty queens.
Initially it was Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin who complained that the top 5 contestants had been predetermined before the final 15 had even been announced.
However, the new witness, who corroborates Miss Pennsylvania’s story, is only talking under a condition on anonymity.
The mystery witness told TMZ, "I saw Florida backstage and she was very, very flustered and upset. I thought it might be because she didn’t make the top 15 cut, but at that point she was able to reveal to me at least four of the five names who went on to be the top girls. [Miss FL] couldn’t remember the fifth because she was so upset. Several of the girls then started hearing through the grapevine about a list; a lot of people were upset.”
Still, pageant owner Donald Trump insists that nothing of the sort had taken place, and calls the ladies’ comments “loser’s remorse.” The Donald is also said to have many contestants backing him up.
The scandal surrounding the Miss Universe organization started on Monday, when a former contestant came out to publicly claim that the competition was rigged.
Following the crowning of Miss USA Olivia Culpo, fellow contestant Sheena Monnin resigned as Miss Pennsylvania and took to social media, accusing the organization of rigging Sunday's competition. The decision would lead to Mr. Trump's heated interview seen on "Good Morning America" earlier today.
"I think that, frankly, she should apologize, but we will be bringing a lawsuit against her," he said. "She lost and if you look at her compared to the people who were in the top 15, you would understand why she's not in the top 15. It's a very, very sad situation."
Monnin took to Facebook on Monday to write that she "witnessed another contestant who said she saw the list of the Top 5 BEFORE THE SHOW EVER STARTED proceed to call out in order who the Top 5 were before they were announced on stage saying she saw the list of the Top 5."
"After it was indeed the Top 5 I knew the show must be rigged; I decided at that moment to distance myself from an organization who did not allow fair play and whose morals did not match my own," the 27-year-old brunette continued. "In good conscience I can no longer be affiliated in any way with an organization I consider to be fraudulent, lacking in morals, inconsistent, and in many ways trashy."
Although Trump didn't want to name the contestant who allegedly saw the list, he said his people "already interviewed that person and that person said it's not true."
"I think [Monnin's] primary issue was that she lost and she's angry about losing," Trump quipped, "Frankly, in my opinion, I saw her for barely a second, she didn't deserve to be in the top 15."
Not long after Trump's GMA interview, Monnin took to Facebook again to say, "At this time I am considering which media outlet to give my first interview. Thank you for your encouragement, support, and kind words."
©2012, GossipCenter.com. All Rights Reserved