Page 425 of Health Care Bill: Who Lives And Who Dies?
Page 425 of the Health Care Bill, HR 3200, details a rationing of care for people near death. The exact section that is causing such controversy is on Page 430 and reads:
'An advance care planning consultation with respect to an individual may be conducted more frequently than provided under paragraph (4)
if there is a significant change in the health condition of the individual, including diagnosis of a chronic, progressive, life-limiting disease, a life-threatening or terminal diagnosis or life-threatening injury, or upon admission to a skilled nursing facility, a long-term care facility (as defined by the Secretary), or a hospice program.
A consultation under this subsection may include the formulation of an order regarding life sustaining treatment or a similar order.'
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
• Page 425: Goverment provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
Page 425 creates "advanced care planning consultation" and thereby sets regulations for treating those near death. In other words, it rations the care of those near death. Then, there's page 268 where the government regulates the purchase and rental of electric wheel chairs. Page 272 is where care for cancer patients is rationed.