Peregrina Cheese Corp Recalls Cheese Listeria Possible
The FDA is supervising a recall of all cheese produced by the Peregrina Cheese Corporation due to possible contamination by Listeria monocytogenes. The recall applies to products from its Brooklyn, NY plant. Any cheese produced at the Brooklyn plant since March 17 is affected.
- Peregrina Cheese brand Queso Fresco Fresh Cheese
- Chipilo brand Mexican Cheese Queso Fresco
- Peregrina Cheese brand Queso Hebra Queso Oaxaca
- Peregrina Cheese brand Queso Cotija Molido
- Peregrina Cheese brand Flan
- Peregrina Cheese brand Gelatin
- Peregrina Cheese brand Crema Mexicana Mexican Cream
These products were distributed in New York and Pennsylvania. No illnesses have been reported to date. Listeria bacteria may cause life threatening illness in vulnerable people. If you have purchased these products. Do not consume them. Food contaminated with Listeria may not look spoiled or smell funny but it is still dangerous to eat it.
Consumers who purchased the above listed products are urged not to consume them and to discard them immediately. Please direct questions regarding this recall action to Peregrina Cheese Corporation at 1-718-456-2391, Monday - Friday from 9 am - 4:30 pm EDT.