Selecting the Right Foods for Good Health
High fat and processed foods are the main culprit of your various health problems. Eating sensible foods is important if you want to regain your health. This article gives you a brief list of healthy foods that you must include in your diet.
Green leafy vegetables
Green leafy vegetables are commonly called Greens. They have distinct flavors. Some are acidic, some sticky, and others bitter. They contain all important nutrients required for growth and maintenance of health and prevention of diseases.
• Generally, green leafy vegetables have high water content (85-95%) and a low fat content. Greens have very low calorie content.
• Green leafy vegetables are valued mainly for their high vitamin and mineral content.
• The intensity of the green color is an indirect indicator of the vitamin A value of leaves. The dark green leafy vegetables are a rich source of beta carotene.
• Greens are rich source of calcium, iron, beta carotene, vitamin C, riboflavin and folic acid.
• Greens contain complex carbohydrates such as cellulose, fiber which absorb water, increase the surface area of the food mass and thus help digestion and absorption of nutrients.
• They help to ensure the smooth movement of food through the digestive tract.
• The fiber present in greens helps to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
• It is also helpful in preventing a sudden rise in blood sugar level which is particularly beneficial for diabetes.
Walnuts can reduce the risk of heart disease. Chopped or whole walnuts- whatever be the choice- eating 42 grams of it each day could help fight heart disease. Walnuts must be part of a low saturated fat and low cholesterol diet and not result in eating too many calories.
An egg has a lot of omega3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. It also has high vitamin E concentration. Omega3 decreases cholesterol levels; cancers are prevented; doesn’t favor atherosclerosis (fat plaques in artery walls). Omega3 also boosts resistance against diseases. ‘VITE’ is an antioxidant and has anti-ageing properties too.
This is only a part of the complete list of healthy foods. The e-book ‘Fat Fighting Foods’ has covered the complete list of fat burning foods that help to melt your stubborn body fat and keep you away from various complications of obesity. Obesity is hazardous to your health so you must start your battle against it right now! Pick up your own copy of this most efficient and bestselling health guide on foods that burn fat.
Check out the most popular fat burning program – Fat Fighting Foods Review. Looking for Fat Loss Supplements to lose weight? KnowHow to Lose Man Boobs with scientifically designed weight loss system for chest fat.