'Wiki Dad' Leroy Smith Uses Wikipedia To Help His Wife Give Birth
Leroy Smith, 29, used a Wikipedia page with instructions on how to deliver a baby to help his wife give birth. The couple living in Leytonstone, East London, was waiting for midwife to arrive when Smith's wife Emma went into labour. Smith followed Wikipedia instructions on his BlackBerry mobile devise as his 25-year-old wife was delivering their 6-pound, 11-ounce baby girl Mahalia Merita Angela. Smith simply Googled "how to deliver a baby" and the first result he got was a Wiki page with a step-by-step guide. Smiths's wife told the press she "is never going to moan at [her husband] about being on the phone again."
In case you were wondering, here is a condensed version of Wikipedia instructions "on how to deliver a baby" that 'Wiki Dad' Leroy Smith had to follow while his wife was in labour:
1. Call for help if possible
2. Determine how far along the labour is
3. Clean your hands and arms well
4. Find and prepare a birthing area
5. Guide the mother in pushing
6. Support the baby's head as it emerges
7. Place the baby on the mother's chest and stomach area, ensuring full skin contact, and cover them both with towels or blankets
8. Prepare for the placenta
9. Cut the umbilical cord only if necessary
10. Keep the mother and baby comfortable and clean
11. Get medical attention as quickly as possible
A lot of instructions to follow when you are under stress, but hey, it worked!