As a condition of your right to use and contribute to the Site, you represent that you are of legal age to enter into a binding contract or that you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to use and contribute to this Site, and that you are not a person barred from visiting the Site and accessing the Content under the laws of the United States or your country.
Description of Service
Additional Policies and Agreements
Modifications and Interruption to the Site
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any portion of the Site with or without notice to you. CDG, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, other related entities, successors in interest of the foregoing, sponsors, content providers, service providers, licensors, and its or their respective officers, directors, employees or agents (collectively, the “CDG Parties”) will not be liable to you or any third party should any of them exercise such right. You acknowledge and accept that we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site, that operation of the Site will not be uninterrupted or error free. Usage of our Site may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
Registration on Our Site
If you wish to register on our Site you agree to provide accurate, current and complete personal data and information about yourself as required by the applicable Site registration form, and you agree that you will update such data to keep it accurate, current and complete. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Site if we discover, or have a reasonable basis to believe that any of the information you have provided is inaccurate, incomplete or untrue. If you obtain a username and password from this Site, you may not share your username and password with any other person or authorize any other person to use your username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to notify us immediately (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your username and password or any other breach of security. The CDG Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect the confidentiality of your username and password.
Any Content uploaded, posted, submitted, or otherwise made available by individual users of the Site, including without limitation articles or other submissions by contributors to the Site, comments to articles, advertisements, or other Content which does not originate with any CDG Parties (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of the person who made such User Content available on the Site. Under no circumstances will the CDG Parties be liable in any way for any User Content made available through this Site by you or any third party.
Since we do not control the User Content posted on the Site, we do not guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, or quality of that User Content, and we do not endorse such User Content. You also agree and understand that by accessing the Site, you may encounter Content that you may consider to be objectionable. We have no responsibility for any User Content, including without limitation any errors or omissions therein. The CDG Parties are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any User Content on the Site.
User Content is owned by the author thereof, and CDG does not claim ownership of original works created and posted by individual visitors to this Site. However, by uploading, posting, transmitting or otherwise making any User Content available on or through this Site, you are granting NowPublic, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, transferrable, sublicensable, worldwide license to copy, reproduce, modify, publish, display, distribute publicly, perform, exploit, prepare derivative works of (including without limitation incorporation into other works), such User Content (including your name, image, likeness, or information you have made publicly available in connection therewith) in any manner, media or format now existing or hereafter devised, without any obligation of notice, attribution or compensation to you.
CDG reserves the right (but has no obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, edit, refuse, move or remove any Content that is posted on the Site. You agree that the exercise by CDG of such discretion shall not convert or transform User Content to Content owned or provided by CDG, and the user who made such User Content available on the Site will retain ownership thereof as described below.
Prohibited Content and Activities
You agree that you will not post to the Site, or use the Site to transmit or make available any Content that:
- violates any laws or regulations, contains any threats, is abusive, tortious, harassing, vulgar, obscene, indecent, violates any person's rights of privacy or publicity, is defamatory, libelous, hateful, contains any disparaging statements or opinions regarding racial, gender or ethnic background, or is otherwise objectionable;
- infringes any intellectual property rights of any party, including, but not limited to any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- contains any private information about an identifiable person without that person's permission, or any content soliciting any personal or private information from any individual;
- you know or have reason to know is false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- contains any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or material which can be characterized as "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes" or similar material, any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain, or any information (other than advertisements approved by CDG) posted primarily for advertising, promotional, or other commercial purposes;
- incorporates within it any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs whose purpose or function is to interrupt, destroy or otherwise impair the operability of any software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- contains links to any websites containing content violating any of the foregoing requirements, or links to any websites for purposes of disrupting the operations of such website, harassing the owners of such website, or other objectionable or illegal purposes.
You further agree not to use the Site to:
- engage in any click fraud or other unethical means of receiving payment based on any Content posted to our Site (including without limitation payment to third parties for non-human traffic to any Content on our Site);
- engage in any conduct which might be harmful to any individual;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- engage in or facilitate any conduct that is deemed, or found by any court or similar agency, to constitute "stalking" or otherwise harassing conduct aimed at another person or entity;
engage in or transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation
In addition, you are prohibited from interfering with or disrupting the Site, or servers or networks connected thereto.
Providing Feedback to NowPublic.com
We welcome your comments and feedback about our Site. All information and materials submitted to us through this Site or otherwise, such as any comments, feedback, ideas, questions, designs, data or the like regarding or relating to the Site or the business of NowPublic.com (collectively, "Feedback"), will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY with regard to you, but we reserve the right to treat any such Feedback as our confidential information.
By submitting Feedback to NowPublic.com, you assign to the CDG Parties, free of charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in such Feedback. The CDG Parties will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such Feedback without restriction and without compensating you in any way. You are responsible for the information and other Content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, its truthfulness and accuracy.
Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Content
Much of the Content on the Site, including without limitation User Content, has been provided by or obtained from third parties other than CDG Parties. User Content is posted to the Site by third party contributors without our prior review. The CDG Parties make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of any Content on the Site created or provided by third parties or with regard to any product or service provided or offered by any advertiser on the Site and you acknowledge that any reliance on representations and warranties provided by any party other than CDG or NowPublic shall be at your own risk. You expressly agree to hold the CDG Parties harmless for any claims of damage arising from any information, advice, product or service provided or promoted by any third party, including without limitation the contributors of this Site.
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ON THIS SITE, OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTIES OR OTHER CONTRIBUTORS TO OUR SITE, AND NOT OF ANY CDG PARTY, AND ARE NOT ENDORSED BY ANY OF THE CDG PARTIES. INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE SHOULD NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CDG PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL THE CDG PARTIES BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, LIABILITY, DAMAGE OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS; EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY CDG PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE CDG PARTIES UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Copyrights in Content included or available on this Site (including without limitation Site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof) are owned by CDG, NowPublic, or third party licensors, with all rights reserved, and the Content is protected by the intellectual property rights of those owners. Any use of Content on the Site, including without limitation reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or replication, any form of data extraction or data mining, or other commercial exploitation of any kind, without prior written permission of an authorized officer of CDG, is strictly prohibited. With the exception of search engines, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the Content contained therein without prior written permission of an authorized officer of CDG.
You may use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, except that a commercial website is permitted to link to the Site provided that the website page on which such feeds or links are featured must be accessible to the general public and not provided through a subscription service or for a fee, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by CDG. You may not use, republish, retransmit, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise make available any Content owned by any third parties which is available on NowPublic.com, without the express consent of those third parties. All Content which qualifies for protection under Federal Copyright Law under the laws of the United States is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Court System, whether registered or unregistered. Based on the presence of this notice of copyright ownership, any infringement of the protected Content of this Site will be deemed by CDG to be an intentional infringement.
All trademarks displayed on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of such parties. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the websites of third parties is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those third parties endorse or have any affiliation with CDG.
Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
In the event that you find Content posted on the Site which you believe to be an infringement of the copyright ownership or other intellectual property rights of you or any third party, you are requested to immediately report any alleged infringement in writing by providing a signed statement containing the following information pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”):
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and if you are acting on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property, the name of the owner;
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- if your claim is based on a registered work, the registration number, and the date of issuance of the registration;
- a description of the infringing material and the URL where such material is located on the Site, or a description of where on our Site you found such material;
- your written statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the work on our Site has not been authorized by the true owner of the work, its agent, or as a matter of law; and
- a statement that all of the information you have provided is true.
Please send your notice of alleged infringement to:
By Mail addressed to:
Clarity Digital Group, LLC
555 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
In accordance with the DMCA, it is the policy of CDG to terminate use of our Site by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Links to the Site and RSS Feeds
If you access the versions of our Site or Content designed for use on mobile devices, you understand that your mobile carrier’s message and data rates apply. If you use our Site to send any content to a friend’s mobile device, you understand that your friend may incur message and data charges according to your friend’s mobile plan.
Terminating Permission to Use Our Site
We reserve the right to terminate your access to or use of our Site for any reason or no reason, in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you. In addition, pursuant to the DMCA, it is our policy to terminate use of our Site by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances (including contributors or other users who have posted Content to our Site). You agree that the CDG Parties will have no liability to you or any third party with regard to such termination. We reserve the right to feature any Content you have posted to our Site on our Site in perpetuity, even after we terminate your right or ability to access or use our Site.
Third Party Sites
You are solely responsible for your postings on our Site and any disputes you may encounter with other users of our Site as a result of such postings or otherwise. CDG has no obligation to become involved in or resolve any disputes between users of our Site (whether contributors to our Site or other users). However, CDG reserves the right to take any actions it deems appropriate with regard to such disputes.
Compliance With Laws
You assume all knowledge of applicable law and you are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use the Site in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements.
Most Discussed Forum Topics
- Status of Anon or "not verified" participants? in Promotion, Career & Community
13 recommendations | 42 posts
- We are launching a new flagging system in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
14 recommendations | 34 posts
- New Channel and Feature Pages in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
10 recommendations | 26 posts
- Highlight Masterclass in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 25 posts
- Downloading the new highlight tool in FireFox in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 22 posts