is reporting from
Iajuddin resigns as care taker government chief: Breakthrough in political stalemate in Bangladesh
rezwan | January 11, 2007 at 11:20 amby
417 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
President Iajuddin Ahmed has decided to quit as the caretaker (interim) government chief, which was the number one demand of the opposition grand alliance. In addition their second demand was fulfilled; no election is going to happen on the 22nd of January.
Iajuddin Ahmed will remain to be the president. The following crucial decision were made by him:
1. He will appoint a new advisory council within a couple of days. (the present one is of no effect)
2. Till then the senior most member of the current Advisory Council (justice Fazlul Haque) will act as Chief adviser.
3. The new council will set the new election date.
He made some remarkable statements:
1. Voter list making process was flawed
2. The works of judiciary and the administration were questioned
3. The patriotism of the political leaders were questioned