Important speech of Hezbolla Leader Hassan Nasrallah on the 7th Anniversary of Israeli withdrawal
I like to highlight the important points of his speech addressing the current situation in Lebanon:
- To end the current crises between the government and the opposition, he asked for the formation of an emergency salvation government, where all parties to participate in and solve the outstanding problems.
- Regarding the problem with Fateh Islam and the situation in Nahar el Bared Palestinian refuge camp, he said that attacking the Lebanese army is a red line not to be crossed.
- The Lebanese army is the establishment which will protect the nation. He fully supports the Lebanese army and considers it the army of all Lebanon.
- Entering Naher el Bared camp by force is also a red line, and he is not supporting such a move.
- Negotiations will lead to solving the crises between Fateh Islam and Lebanon.
- He pointed out that Israel and the enemies of Lebanon have a hand in the assassination of Prime Minister Rafeeq Al-Hariri.
- He questioned the US motives towards Lebanon.
Sayyed Nasrallah is a very charismatic speaker and one of the most influential leaders in the Arab word and in Lebanon. He is very well respected all over the Arab world and he gained a lot of support after his fight against Israel and forcing Israel to leave Lebanon. His speeches are heard very carefully by all parties in Lebanon and abroad. One of the reasons why his speeches are powerful is that he MEANS what he SAYS, thus every single word of his speeches have a very important powerful meaning. He is considered as the leader of opposition in Lebanon.
His organization “Hezbollah – the National Resistance” is extremely powerful and it’s the only Arab force that was able to defeat the powerful Israeli army and forced Israel to withdraw from Lebanon. Israel withdrew from Lebanon by the fierce attacks of Hezbollah on May 25, 2000 after several years of occupying southern Lebanon.