Due to some of the recent discussions that have been taking place on NowPublic, we want to remind all of our members again about maintaining civility and respect towards each other.
Our code of conduct states the following:
8. Be fair. NowPublic is a community where ad hominem attacks, insults and threats are not tolerated. Discourse should remain civil and focus on the ideas being presented rather than the individuals expressing them.
9. Promote interactivity and dialogue. We have amazing tools that support real community collaboration. Reach out to others and encourage them to do the same.
10. Respect the community. Every day new members join NowPublic with a desire to have their views and opinions respected. Let's not disappoint them with rudeness or hostility.
Here is a link to the full document.
It's important that we all remember these points as we are here because we want NowPublic to be a place for constructive and informative discussion as well as a place for news to be reported and discovered.
1. That member will receive a message of warning from the editorial team about their behaviour.
2. If that member does not comply, then their status will be demoted on the site (if they have a status), for example, editor to wrangler, wrangler to standard member. If that member is a standard member they will be removed from the ranking system.
3. If that member still does not comply to our above policies, then they will be blocked from NowPublic.
4. We reserve the right to remove members immediately if we feel that they are expressly breaking our policies.
We are going to try and consolidate the forum discussions within our new forum topics so that comments on the story can be about the story itself.
New forum discussions should fall in one these 3 categories:
Thanks for reading.
The Editorial Team.