In light of the events in the past few days and weeks, we are implementing a few changes around the posting of "stories" regarding other members, members of staff or site issues.
We will no longer allow posts about members personally, about the site and site issues, or about any member of staff, to remain on the site as a story.
We want NowPublic to be a place people come for news and to learn new things and have constructive discussions with each other, and a place where respect is maintained at all times.
If a "story" appears like this on the site the following steps will be taken:
1. A member of staff will post a comment saying that the story has been moved to the forum in the appropriate channel if it is not against our code of conduct.
2. Here it will generate some good points for discussion.
3. The post on the site will be unpublished, once and if, the post is moved to the forum.
4. If that same member persists to post "stories" in this manner, the member will be warned by private message.
5. If the member does not heed the warning in the private message, then they will be blocked within a time frame that remains at the discretion of staff.
We want NowPublic to be a respectful place, and posts in this manner will not be tolerated any more as news stories on the site. The forum is the place to discuss concerns about the site, its members or its policies.