We're proud of NowPublic's contributors and want a click from your byline to showcase your qualifications. This is no time to hide your light under a barrel - tell us everything you've published - ok maybe top 5 - brag about awards, contests you've won, boards you sit on, relevant work experience (with regard to what you're writing about) and anything else that polishes your pedigree. Boast about what makes you the expert worth trusting above and beyond the mass of other impostors (too harsh?).
So, not that we want to tell you what to do, but we'd both look better if you included:
- your industry and subject-specific experience;
- the names of publications you've written for;
- the years you've worked in the field
- your academic degrees or certificates;
- relevant credentials, awards, and associations
- and sites on the Web where your work is on view.
Don't discuss private details - your marital status, names of children, where you live, secret dreams and ambitions - this is Facebook material and while we know you have a life outside the site, we're more interested in your career profile than your social one. Think of this page as a version of LinkedIn for freelance journalists of every stripe.