Something about this story just isn't quite right... a good report should bring new information or context to something. It should be relevant.
This feeling happens more than you'd think, and that's why we created the Needs Improvement flag. You'll occasionally (but hopefully not often!) see this on stories around the site.
It could mean the story lacks transparency - does the author have an undeclared vested interest in the story? A story may also be marked if it is unclear, short of information or appears only as a link to another site.
For any of these reasons and more, an editor might flag this story as needing improvement. Not to fear! If you make the changes the editor suggests, your story will be unflagged and possibly moved to the front page!
A story may Need Improvement if it:
- Lacks research and sourcing
- Lacks transparency
- Includes only a link
- Is unclear why it is newsworthy
Most Discussed Forum Topics
- Status of Anon or "not verified" participants? in Promotion, Career & Community
13 recommendations | 42 posts
- We are launching a new flagging system in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
14 recommendations | 34 posts
- New Channel and Feature Pages in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
10 recommendations | 26 posts
- Highlight Masterclass in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 25 posts
- Downloading the new highlight tool in FireFox in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 22 posts