Spam is just what you think: an article or link that has no news value and/or is trying to sell a product. Spam comes in all sorts of sizes and flavours, so while we do have a code of conduct, it's up to editors to determine on a case-by-case basis whether a story falls under this category. Members who use the comments or forums to post spam will also be blocked from the site.
While advertising is the main source for spam, links to old stories or sites filled with advertisements and anyone we think may profit from the story will also be removed. This includes press releases, even if you think your band is really good.
Unlike the other flags, once a story is marked spam it is removed from the site and rarely finds its way back. However, if you think your story has been flagged as spam in error, feel free to (contact us).
Most Discussed Forum Topics
- Status of Anon or "not verified" participants? in Promotion, Career & Community
13 recommendations | 42 posts
- We are launching a new flagging system in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
14 recommendations | 34 posts
- New Channel and Feature Pages in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
10 recommendations | 26 posts
- Highlight Masterclass in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 25 posts
- Downloading the new highlight tool in FireFox in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 22 posts