CrowdPower Your Story
Don't have your own footage? Use our CrowdPower tool to find photos and videos from around the Web that can help make your good story even better. CrowdPower helps you pull images from Flickr, YouTube, and the NowPublic library all within one easy-to-use NowPublic tool (and without having to leave the site!).
Before you get started, make sure that you’ve added your Flickr and YouTube account information to your NowPublic account field for this information. On your member page, click Edit Settings, then Add Your External Accounts to add an account from Flickr, YouTube, and Twitter, or a web feed. Now you’re ready to go.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to using the CrowdPower tool to add photos and videos to a story:
- From any story page, click Add YouTube videos, Add Flickr photos or Search the NowPublic library to open the Crowd Power tool.
- Search for specific keywords relevant to your story. Your search will produce results from YouTube, Flickr, and NowPublic’s media library - as well from your own uploads to NowPublic.
- Click the YouTube, Flickr, NowPublic, or Yours tab to view your search results, and click the < or > arrows to scroll through additional results.
- Click on any image or video to preview it, and click the + sign to select it to be added to your story. You can select multiple photos or videos (up to a maximum of 30 at a time).
- When you’re done, click Add to Story. YouTube videos, NowPublic footage, and your own uploads will be added directly to the story.
- For Flickr photos, however, the CrowdPower tool will prompt you to write a short message first. This will send a request to the Flickr member(s) to have them approve the use of their images on NowPublic. When the Flickr member approves your request, the photo(s) will be automatically be added to the story.
Most Discussed Forum Topics
- Status of Anon or "not verified" participants? in Promotion, Career & Community
13 recommendations | 42 posts
- We are launching a new flagging system in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
14 recommendations | 34 posts
- New Channel and Feature Pages in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
10 recommendations | 26 posts
- Highlight Masterclass in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 25 posts
- Downloading the new highlight tool in FireFox in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 22 posts