ShoZu for your Mobile
Welcome to NowPublic, the world's largest participatory news network! Upload your eyewitness photos and videos straight from your phone by using ShoZu. You'll need to become a member of NowPublic first.
Join NowPublic and get started.
With ShoZu and your camera phone in hand, you’re instantly transformed into a roving reporter, journalistically prepared to capture news as soon as it happens.
Just a click of your camera phone and your photos/videos, along with headline and story, are sent to NowPublic while the news is still hot. Upload full resolution (or blog quality photos) and videos up to 10MB in size!
Not only does ShoZu keep you connected to NowPublic, but you can also send your pics and vids to over 30 of today’s most popular sites – from Facebook to Flickr, YouTube to Twitter, Blogger to Friendster. Your online life is truly just a click away.
ShoZu is a FREE service but carrier data charges do apply.
So what do I get?
When you add NowPublic as a destination, you only have to enter your NowPublic account details once, and you’ll never have to do it again. From this point forward, your news is always posted to your account and you don’t have to do a pile of crazy texting to have the news credited to you!
Depending on what type of phone you have, how you get your photos and videos to NowPublic may vary slightly. For some phones like Nokias, you can adjust the settings in ShoZu to prompt you to send to NowPublic at point of capture, or do “Look mum! No hands!” automatic posts. With other phones, simply open ShoZu, select the image you wish to send, and off it goes! Either way, it’s incredibly easy.
Want to tell your story? Before you post, select your image within ShoZu, click Options>Add Details, and enter the juicy details. Once done, click Send and off it all goes to NowPublic.
To adjust resolution settings, go to Options>Go to> Settings> Sending and select Original size or Blog Quality.
Getting started and set-up
So how do I get ShoZu?
- Click on this link. It will take you to www.shozu.com/nowpublic where you can download ShoZu.
- Click on the “Get ShoZu” button on the page
- Simply follow the steps online to create a FREE ShoZu account, download the application, and add NowPublic as one of your sites! If you need a helping hand along the way, visit our Help section and we’ll show you the way.
Most Discussed Forum Topics
- Status of Anon or "not verified" participants? in Promotion, Career & Community
13 recommendations | 42 posts
- We are launching a new flagging system in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
14 recommendations | 34 posts
- New Channel and Feature Pages in Editorial Policies, Guidelines & Advice
10 recommendations | 26 posts
- Highlight Masterclass in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 25 posts
- Downloading the new highlight tool in FireFox in Technical Help
0 recommendations | 22 posts