San Francisco InterFaith Winter Shelter Said 'No Christmas Breakfast' to homeless guests.
SFHomeless | December 26, 2007 at 06:01 pmby
817 views | 0 Recommendations | 1 comment
Not only were the winter shelter homeless guests denied breakfast on Christmas Day, they were served 'room temperature' leftovers for breakfast this morning, Wednesday, December 26th, 2007, by ECS Staff/Volunteers.
This morning's 'breakfast' had apparently not been cooked or reheated properly and was, in reality, not a breakfast, at all. It was 'dinner leftovers' that had been cooked 36 hours beforehand (it was their Dec. 24th, dinner) and may have been left 'sitting out' for many hours or even days, without refrigeration.
Dozens of homeless guests (some of whom have attended cooking schools or already knew about 'safe serving' and 'safe food handling' protocols) refused to eat the meals because they were 'room temperature' all the way through to the center of the portions served which indicate the food had not been refrigerated or re-heated properly, creating a great environment for bacteria to grow. Including possible tainting of the food with any number of harmful and life threatening things like E.Coli, salmonella or other life forms that grow rapidly, after just two hours of being at room temperature.
IF YOU HAVE EATEN MEALS THAT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN COOKED OR REFRIGERATED PROPERLY AT THESE WINTER SHELTERS OR ANY OTHER PLEASE SEE A MEDICAL CLINIC OR PUBLIC HEALTH SITE FOR A CHECK UP FOR POSSIBLE FOOD POISONING.
More information located at the SFHomeless Yahoo! Group Blog Site:
STAY ALERT !! BE SAFE !!
These members have powered this story: