Search the census records for Dublin 1911
Census of Ireland, Dublin 1911
The household returns and ancillary records for the censuses of Ireland of 1901 and 1911, which are in the custody of the National Archives of Ireland, represent an extremely valuable part of the Irish national heritage. Read more about their digitisation.
What was Dublin like in 1911?
* Read about transport, and look at a tram timetable for 1911
* Read about social life, and see photographs of the Royal Visit in 1911
* Read about education and see the list of pupils in Padraig Pearse’s school, St. Enda’s
* Read about literature and see Oliver St. John Gogarty’s census return, where he momentarily forgot he was married
* Read about trade unions and see the return for James Connolly and his family