BCCI awards 2011 winners - photo gallery
The BCCI Awards function 2011 was held on May 31, 2011 at the Taj Land’s End Hotel in Mumbai.
See photo gallery.
Indian master blaster Sachin Tendulkar was given the Indian cricketer of the year, while former all-rounder Salim Durani was awarded the lifetime achievement award.
The Indian team players who won World Cup 2011 and the support staff were also honored during the ceremony.
Indian captain MS Dhoni said: "When you play for the country, the one thing you want to win is the World Cup," he said. "It is a proud moment for all of us. We exploited the conditions really well."
The glittering ceremony was added more glamour because the 1983 World Cup-winning team players Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, Sandhu and Yashpal Sharma were also present at the ceremony.
Manish Pandey from Karnataka was awarded the best batsman in domestic cricket, Manish scored 882 runs in 9 Ranji Trophy matches, while fast bowler Abhimanyu Mithun was named best bowler.
List of award winners are as below:
- CK Nayudu Award for lifetime achievement: Salim Durani
- Best Cricket Association of the Year for overall performance: Maharashtra
- Best domestic umpire: K Hariharan
- Polly Umrigar Award for cricketer of the year: Sachin Tendulkar
- Madhavrao Scindia Award for most runs in domestic cricket: Manish Pandey
- Madhavrao Scindia Award for most wickets in domestic cricket: Abhimanyu Mithun
- M A Chidambaram Trophy for best Under-16 cricketer: Tamil Nadu's B Aparajith
- M A Chidambaram Trophy for best Under-19 cricketer:Gujarat's Bhargav Merai
- M A Chidambaram Trophy for best Under-22 cricketer: Orissa's Natraj Behera
- M A Chidambaram Trophy for best woman cricketer: MD Thirushkamini
- M A Chidambaram Trophy for best junior woman cricketer: Reva Arora