Dunkadelic Sports Unveils "RUN-F.M.C." Rankings, Lakers are No.1
Dunkadelic Sports Marketing has unveiled its new weekly "RUN-F.M.C." (RUN to the Finals Meter Chase ) Rankings 2010-11. Its a power ranking meter for the teams that will be favored to win the NBA World Championship. "To win an NBA Championship its not a sprint, its a marathon" says, Derrick E. Vaughan of Dunkadelic Sports Marketing.
This ranking is not just a weekly overview of what a team does, but views all aspects of the teams that will have the best chance of holding the Gold Trophy in mid-June, and ranks them each week. The list only rates the Top 10. The other teams are fighting for second-tier playoff spots and are not true title contenders and will be happy just to make the playoffs. The West from top to bottom is better than the East with 6 teams in the Top 10.
The "RUN-F.M.C." Rankings for the week of 11/01:
1. Los Angeles Lakers 3-0: The Lakers are the defending 2-time NBA Champs. They champs have started 3-0 with wins over the Houston Rockets, Phoenix Suns, and Golden State. They are playing without center Andrew Bynum. Pau Gasol has emerged as the best post-player in the league. Kobe Bryant is playing into form and is still the best player in the NBA.The bench play of Steve Blake, Shannon Brown, and Matt Barnes make the Lakers "Triple-B Squad" a tough second unit.
2. Miami Heat 3-1: The Heat super-trio Dunkadelic Flight-361 started the season on a losing note to the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Celtics. They have bounced back with double-digit wins over Philadelphia, Orlando, and New Jersey. The 26-point victory over the Magic was the season home opener. Miami still has point-guard and center issues they must address if they plan to beat out Boston in the east.
3. Boston Celtics 2-1: The Celtics started the season on a high note with an impressive win over the Miami Heat. The next night they lost to the LeBron-less Cleveland Cavaliers. Boston is an aging team and will have trouble on back-to-back games. They were able to beat the new-look NY Knicks at home this past Friday night. It will be a fun battle to see Miami vs. Boston when they meet again.
4. Portland Trailblazers 3-1: Portland was 3-0 when they went into Chicago and faced the Bulls. This still a young team that's waiting to see if Greg Oden can get on and stay on the court. Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge are becoming a star studded 1-2 punch. The Blazers will improve their ranking and possibly scare the Lakers if they can get a healthy Oden on the court.
5. Atlanta Hawks 3-0: The Hawks are undefeated with a team that is maturing and understanding how to win games. They signed free-agent Josh Powell in the off-season who is great for the locker room. He has 2 championships with the Lakers and can help motivate Joe Johnson as he did Kobe Bryant. Jamal Crawford is a big-time scoring 6th man to come off the bench. Time will tell if they are in the same class as Miami, Boston, and Orlando.
6. Orlando Magic 1-1: The Magic reached the NBA Finals in'09 and Eastern Conference Finals in '10. This team looked lost vs. Miami this past Friday in a 96-70 defeat. Orlando will challenge for the Eastern Conference crown. We are still waiting to see if Dwight Howard can develop a go-to-post-move like Amare and Pau. Orlando has a tough game tonight when the visit MSG and take on the Knicks.
7. Dallas Mavericks 2-1: Dallas had great chance of going undefeated for the week, but lost at home to Memphis Grizzlies after having a 9-point halftime lead. The Mavericks added Tyson Chandler to strengthen their post defense and shot blocking. The Mavs are clearly one of the Top 10 NBA teams. Will their bench and defense be strong enough to give the Lakers a run for the Western crown. They have a tough match-up vs. Denver on the road tomorrow night.
8. Denver Nuggets 2-1: Denver gave the Lakers all they handle in the 2009 Western Conference Finals. Aaron Afflalo and Al Harrington have helped make Denver a more balanced offensive attack. George Karl back on the bench has given the team more stability. Will the Carmelo to NY rumors go away or cause more of a distraction to team that is looking to get to the conference finals.
9. New Orleans Hornets 3-0: The Hornets have first week impressive wins over Denver and San Antonio. Chris Paul is back being one of the best point-guards in the league. New Orleans picked up Trevor Ariza from the Houston Rockets. Ariza was an instrumental member of the Lakers '09 championship team. David West is steady in the post but, Emeka Okafor needs to be more aggressive around the rim on offense for this team.
10. Oklahoma City Thunder 2-1: OKC had impressive first two wins to start the season but lost at home Halloween night to the Utah Jazz 120-99. Kevin Durant is a MVP contender and Russell Westbrook is one of the best pg in the league. OKC will now understand that they are the hunted and teams will be looking to beat them, and one of the 3 best players in the game today (Durant).
Missing the RUN-F.M.C. Rankings "Almost-3" San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, and Memphis Grizzlies.
The RUN-F.M.C. Rankings will be released every Tuesday of each week for the entire NBA season