Kristen Saban: Nick Saban's Daughter Sued over Sorority Fight
Kristen Saban Sued by Phi Mu Sorority Sister Sarah Grimes
Kristen Saban, daughter of Alabama football coach Nick Saban, is getting sued over a sorority fight that allegedly occurred in 2012.
The lawsuit filed by Sarah Grimes, who was in the Phi Mu sorority along with Kristen Saban at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. According to the lawsuit, Sarah Grimes and Kristen Saban were playing a drinking game called Power Hour (wherein you drink every time the song on the stereo changes).
After visiting a local bar, the girls came back to the sorority house, where they got into an argument over the boy that Saban was dating. Kristen Saban then posted a disparaging remark to Sarah Grimes' Facebook page ("No one likes Sarah! Yayyyyy!"). Grimes was furious, demanding that Saban remove the comment immediately.
After another argument, Kristen Saban allegedly attacked Sarah Grimes, and it took several other girls to break up the fight.
Kristen Saban is no longer in Phi Mu.
From the lawsuit:
31. Kristen immediately used both of her hands and shoved Sarah into the corner of Courtney's open door, slamming Sarah's head.
32. Sarah defended herself by pushing Kristen into the opposite wall, saying "Don't touch me."
32. Kristen proceeded to punch Sarah Grimes multiple times in her head and nose, and to pull Sarah's hair, even though Kristen knew that Sarah had really bad migraines from a prior head injury from an automobile accident.
33. By this time Meghan, who was outside in the parking lot, heard the yelling and ran upstairs.
34. Sarah screamed "I'm calling the cops!"
Friends took Grimes to the emergency room at DCH Regional Medical Center, which is adjacent to the university campus. There, both city and university police and the university’s dean of students showed up in response to an assault call.
Sarah Grimes declined to fill out a police report at the time, but her lawyer argues that Grimes has suffered intense migraines and psychological trauma after the incident. Kristen Saban's lawyer is trying to get the lawsuit dismissed.