MLB Draft Tracker 2010: Draft Results,Bryce Harper Number 1
MLB Draft Tracker 2010: Bryce Harper Goes To Washington Nationals, Major League Baseball 2010 Results: Top Ten Draft Picks
It is official. Bryce Harper, 17, became the first junior college player to be drafted number 1 in the MLB 2010. The Washington Nationals picked the slugger as their first pick in the 2010 draft of college and high school players.
Despite being just 17 years old, Harper starred for the College of Southern Nevada, hitting .442 with 29 home runs, 89 RBI, 88 runs scored, an .986 slugging percentage and a .524 on-base-percentage in 62 regular season games.
Harper was even better in the National Junior College World Series, as he hit for the cycle while going 6-for-7, then finished 2-for-5 in the first game of a doubleheader before going 6-for-6 with four home runs in Game 2.
MLB Draft 2010: Top Ten Draft Picks
- Bryce Harper, The Washington Nationals - OF, 17, College of Southern Nevada,
- Jameson Taillon, Pittsburgh Pirates - RHP, 18, The Woodlands (Texas High School),
- Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles, SS, 18, Brito High School (Miami)
- Christian Colon, Kansas City Royals, SS, 21, Cal State Fullerton
- Drew Pomeranz, Cleveland Indians, LHP, 21, Mississippi
- Barret Loux, Arizona Diamondbacks, RHP, 21, Texas A&M
- Matt Harvey, New York Mets, RHP, 21 North Carolina
- DeLino Deshileds Jr., Houston Astros, 17 OF/2B, Woodward Academy High School (Georgia),
- Karsten Whitson, San Diego Padres, 18, RHP Chipley High School (Flordia)
- Michael Choice, Oakland Athletics, OF, 20, Texas-Arlington